At Anglesey, we are a vibrant and nurturing school community, where children are given the skills to become, inquisitive, resilient, independent learners. Our curriculum provides a range of creative, challenging and inspiring experiences for all. This equips our children with the life skills to be happy, flourish and be successful...Today, tomorrow and in the future
The schools total attendance is currently at:90.6% (Since September 2020)
The Department for Education provides additional funding to schools in order to improve provision for physical education. This funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on provision for PE and sports in schools.
Schools are accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils progress in P.E. and Sport. At Anglesey, we publish information on-line which details how we have used this funding.
How will we be spending the Sports Premium Funding?
The spending will be through a holistic approach, to encourage collaboration and partnership working to make the best use of the resources, and raise participation and achievement for all pupils.
This spend is reviewed throughout the Academic year, with a final review at the end of the year to evaluate impact and determine priorities for the following year.
Our rationale for use of the Sports Premium Funding is as follows:
* All children benefit regardless of sporting ability
* Children are given opportunity to compete in tournaments
* Staff have access to Continued Professional Development through training in school eg joint delivered lessons with coaches , also through courses outside school and support from expert staff within school.
Areas in which we invest this funding include:
*Investment in professional development of staff at our school so they are best equipped to teach high quality PE and school sports for years to come.
* Continued membership of the King Edwards Aston Schools sports Partnership
* Setting up the Change 4 Life After school Club renamed Try Your Best Club.
* Running a variety of after-school sports club through the Sports Partnership.
*Increasing the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate with other schools.
*Making links to other sports providers – encouraging pupils to join out of school sports clubs.
* To encourage our children to improve their leadership skills.
* To purchase and improve equipment to offer access to new sports and physical activities.