At Anglesey, we are a vibrant and nurturing school community, where children are given the skills to become, inquisitive, resilient, independent learners. Our curriculum provides a range of creative, challenging and inspiring experiences for all. This equips our children with the life skills to be happy, flourish and be successful...Today, tomorrow and in the future
The schools total attendance is currently at:91.1% (Since September 2020)
Friday 26th February 2021
Here is your last dose of Gangsta Granny this week. Dont forget to follow Miss Duncan as she is reading and take note of any tricky vocabularly you spot!
Now have a go at the questions below:
Boom, Boom, Boom
1) Why does Gran not want to steal the jewels (pages 176 – 178)?
2) What metaphor describes the Queen’s transport (page 178)?
3) What metaphor does Matron use to describe Mr Parker (page 181)?
4) What alliteration describes Ben’s feelings about the forthcoming robbery (page 183)?
5)Immortality means live
a) never b) for ever c) with Trevor
6) Anxiously means
a) nurse b) nervous c) nerds’r’us
7) Precocious means
a) nosy b) cheeky c) mouthy
8) Garish means
a) loud b) proud c) Chairman Mao
9) Suffice means
a) Enoch b) enough c) ee-by-gum!
Yes! it's Gangsta Granny time again! We get to listen to Lady Duncan of 3D whisk us away to a fantasy world of mysteries and wonder.
And today, you will notice that Granny has left us a recipe for a rather delicious tasting Cabbage cake (yuck!).
This has given me an idea. I would like you to create instructions for the most disgusting cake or meal imaginable. It needs to have imperative verbs to tell me how to make it and I would like a list of ingredients to start with.
Please can you also add a picture so I can see just how disgusting your creation is going to be!
Can't wait, maybe I can make one on the live stream!
Wednesday 24th February 2021
Here is Chapter 18 of Gangsta Granny by David Walliams. Read along with Miss Duncan and then have a go at predicting Chapter 19.
Tuesday 23rd February 2021
Here is Chapter 17 of Gangsta Granny by David Walliams. Read along with Miss Duncan and then have a go at answering the questions below the video. You are in for a treat today - Miss Duncan attempts a French accent AND a Spanish accent but - HA HA HA - they sound they same! Oh well - it's a bit of fun!
Now have a think about these questions. You can either write down your answers or you can just discuss them with someone in your family.
1. How does Ben plan to break into the Tower of London?
2. In order to understand the story you need to know what a sewage pipe is. Look up in a dictionary, or research on the internet to find out what sewage is.
3. What do you think Granny will think of Ben's plan to use a sewage pipe to get into the Tower of London?
4. Why did Ben do extra press-ups in PE? (Page 152)
5. What other lessons did Ben have at school?
6. The last sentence of the chapter is: 'They were going to get away with the crime of the century!' What does this tell us about how Ben feels about his plan?
Monday 22nd February 2021
This week we are starting the week off with chapter 16 of Gansta Granny. Remember to read along with Mrs Duncan and ask your parents for any help you need with vocabulary that you do not understand the meaning of.
Now have a go at the questions below.
‘No’ ‘O’ Spells No
1) What were Ben’s parents doing while he was at his Gran’s (page 141)?
a) one before b) two by four c) ten to four
a) secular b) secure c) sectioned
4) Convince means
a) purse b) persuade c) Percy Thrower
a) member b) remember c) December
a) seated b) sited c) cited
a) enter b) mentor c) inventor
a) tie b) tin c) tiny