At Anglesey, we are a vibrant and nurturing school community, where children are given the skills to become, inquisitive, resilient, independent learners. Our curriculum provides a range of creative, challenging and inspiring experiences for all. This equips our children with the life skills to be happy, flourish and be successful...Today, tomorrow and in the future
The schools total attendance is currently at:91.1% (Since September 2020)
Friday 12th February 2021
Gangsta Granny - Chapter 15
Read along with Ms D and see if you can predict what will happen next.
In the story Granny is a jewel thief. Can you have a go at drawing some of the jewels that Granny has stolen?
Thursday 11th February 2021
Today we will be taking a closer look at Chapter 14 from yesterday and answering further questions.
1. Why has the author used the phrase “his eyes darted towards the window”?
2. Why did Ben’s heart skip a beat? (Page 126)
3. Use a dictionary or google and find out the meaning of ‘surreptitiously’?
4. Use a dictionary or google and find out the meaning of ‘triumphantly’?
5. Why did they decide to hide the tin under the floorboards? (Page 134)
6. What do you think will happen in Chapter 15?
Wednesday 10th February 2021
Gangsta Granny Chapter 13 & 14
Read along with Miss Duncan and then have a go at answering the questions below.
Here are your questions:
1. Granny stole the priceless diamond and sapphire brooch from the Hermitage Museum. Who owned the brooch before it was put into the museum?
(The State Hermitage Museum is a real museum - you can see pictures of it on the internet)
2. (Page 121) What do you think flummoxed means?
a. excited b. confused c. happy
3. What words on Page 123 tell us that Ben felt scared when Granny saw something behind him?
4. Can you find the simile on Page 129. It helps to describe something about Mr Parker.
5. How do you think Mr Parker felt when he barged in on Granny doing Yoga in her underwear? Explain why you think this.
Tuesday 9th February 2021
Today we are continuing with Gangsta Granny for our reading. Chapter 12 here we come!!!!
Here are your questions:
The Love Bomb
1) Which dance outfit is your favourite and why?
2) Which simile describes how Ben thought of girls (page 109)?
3) What metaphor describes the torches (page 114)?
4) How did Ben’s Granny escape?
a) puddled b) pummelled c) puzzled
Hey guys! hope you are well rested, remember having a good rest is just as important as working hard.
We are onto chapter 11 and things are getting so exciting.
Today, your challenge is to create a character profile for the main characters in the story.
(Ben, Granny, Mum, Dad, Raj etc)
I want to see a picture, key adjectives to describe and any key facts you think are important to understand the character further.