Welcome to Anglesey Primary School! Welcome to our new updated website. We made the changes following consultation with parents. We hope it is easier to navigate and has all of the information you need. Please continue to share your ideas with us.
The schools total attendance is currently at:94.69% this week
Participation in PE and sport can improve a huge range of skills for children:
· Positive attitudes, attributes and physical skills.
· Fine motor skills.
· Health and wellbeing.
· Promotes inclusion and cohesion.
· Introduces competition and the concepts of winning and losing.
· Team work and listening skills.
At Anglesey Primary we believe that it is every child’s right to be offered a Physical Education that is challenging, fun and competitive. Therefore we offer every child 2 hours of curriculum time PE in the autumn and spring terms and in the summer, an additional hour is added for swimming, making 3 hours of curriculum time PE.
The children are offered a wide range of sport in curriculum time including dance, gymnastics, hockey, Outdoor and Adventurous Activities (OAA), cricket, rugby, football, athletics, swimming, netball and basketball.
We offer lots of after school clubs that give the children an opportunity to engage in an additional hour of sport a week.
The Use and Impact of Sports Premium
The Government is providing additional funding for primary school sport funding in order to improve the provision for physical education and sport in primary schools.
This funding is ring fenced and can only be spent on provision for PE and sports in schools. We will be accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils progress in P.E. and Sport. We will be publishing on-line information on how we have used this funding including sporting provision and curriculum details this will mean that parents / carers and others are made aware of the PE and sporting provision at Anglesey primary School.
How will we be spending the sports Premium Funding?
The spending will be through a holistic approach, to encourage collaboration and partnership working to make the best use of the resources and enhance PE and sport provision in order to raise participation and achievement for all pupils.
An audit of the schools spending of Sports Premium money is being undertaken at present.
A school Sports Premium plan is currently being undertaken to help raise standards and participation levels in PE throughout the school.
Our rationale for use of the Sports Premium Funding to which the Governors have agreed is as follows.
* All children benefit regardless of sporting ability
* Children are given opportunity to compete in tournaments
* Staff have access to Continued Professional Development through training in school eg joint delivered lessons with coaches , also through courses outside school and support from expert staff within school.
Taking in consideration the above rationale and following the guidelines on how to spend this money, our plans to use the Sports Premium include the following:-
*Investment in professional development of staff at our school so they are the best equipped to teach high quality PE and school sports for years to come.
* Continued membership of the King Edwards Aston Schools sports Partnership
* Setting up the Change 4 Life After school Club renamed Try Your Best Club.
* Setting up and running a variety of Sports clubs after school in both KS 1 & 2 with the Aid of the K. Edwards Aston Schools sports Partnership. These clubs will run throughout the school year.
*increasing the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate with other schools.
*taking part in local sports competitions directly linked to the King Edwards Aston Schools sports Partnership 2014 /15
*Making links to other sports providers – encouraging pupils to join out of school sports clubs.
* To encourage our children to improve their leadership skills.
* to develop the outdoor and adventurous activities element of the PE curriculum, using our school grounds and facilities .
* to purchase and improve equipment to offer access to new sports and physical activities.
We will evaluate the impact on Sports Premium Funding as part of our normal self- evaluation arrangements. This will include how well we use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE provision at Anglesey school. We are endeavouring to promote a healthy lifestyle and to increase participation and performance levels of the children.
A sport event held at school on site.
In the morning the children play games they have played in curriculum time over the year to celebrate their learning throughout the year. They play these sports with the other children in their year group.
The children play throughout the morning ensuring every child can participate.
In the afternoon the children compete in races in front of each other and staff in an attempt to win more points for their teams. They only race against children in their year group.
As a final celebration the children participate against staff and a trophy is awarded.